cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem installer Dynatrace managed

Hello

We installed dynatrace managed and has pointed path new installation is not "/opt" after the installation is done, there dynatrace directory in the opt. Can we move the dynatrace directory out of the "/opt "?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

You have to use the --agent-dir argument for the node installer to deploy oneagent to different directory on cluster node.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Hi Julius

Thank you for reply, If we are going to move dtrun as well, what to do or can we delete both dtrun, dynatrace. Can you throw it off and if we don't have a link with it? Is there a way?

Thank you

I think the /opt/dynatrace/oneagent symlink has to stay there.

About /opt/dtrun I'm not sure, looks as a temporary directory created at installation/upgrade time. I think this will be recreated during cluster upgrade anyway.

Since this does not take almost any space in /opt - is there a reason for deleting this stuff?

Hi Julius

Because the /opt space is limited, we are afraid of making it uncomfortable if we remove it. Will there be any impact on Dynatrace managed?

This /opt/dtrun has 16kB on one of our systems. I don't think this size does matter on any host.

Featured Posts