cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Group filter for Java Request Attributes

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I was under the assumption that the Process Group Filter for Java Request Attributes prevents instrumentation of processes that don't match the criteria.

Did something change recently or did I just assume wrong?

Here's an example of a PurePath where the process group does not have the relevant tag for the request attribute:

java-rq-instrumentation.png

The request attribute is not set on this PurePath, but if you select the method where the data would be captured in the code level view you can still see the captured values under Metadata.

Is that expected behavior? That way the filter wouldn't be useful to prevent over instrumentation, if the attributes are still captured on all process but just not reproted. 

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net
2 REPLIES 2

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

That's strange indeed. Any chance you have created it without the condition first and then just removed that condition? Also I remember some issues previously when the scope was defined using tags, but it was about request attribute not being capture when it should be - an opposite case of yours.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

The request attribute was created with the condition and the screenshot is the result before we removed/changed the condition.

It's indeed with a tag, but the condition works, just not as expected. No request attribute created vs. no instrumentation.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Featured Posts