Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report on what is deep monitored and not deep monitored

Kenny_Gillette
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi,

I am looking to get a report of what is deep monitored and not deep monitored for .net processes.  I looked at the Process Group API and didn't see anything to help me with this.   Anybody else done this and give me an idea?

There is no export in Monitoring Overview to put in spreadsheet to give to management.

Thanks for helping.

Dynatrace Certified Professional
2 REPLIES 2

Fin_Ubels
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hey Kenneth,

I had a bit of a look through the API and found the list processes API actually gives you the information you are looking for but unfortunately will also give you a ton of other information you may not find useful. If you're willing you could filter the output to produce a list of all the processes and the hosts they're on.

The docs for the API:
https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/dynatrace-api/environment-api/topology-and-smartscape/process...

If you have a look down at the example response it gives you the technology and the state allowing you to filter for just .NET processes and then also only ones that aren't being monitored. Further up it also gives you the host ID allowing you to then do another API call to get the host information for each process.

Fin_Ubels_0-1653272004464.png

Thanks for this info on the Process API.  We can use this.

Thought/recommendation: In my opinion, the Process Group API should have this info. 

Why:

• Process Group API is much smaller
  • A person enabled monitoring at the process group level
  • Monitoring Overview -> Process Groups looks at deep monitoring for Process Groups, not processes.

Process group API file was about 5 times smaller than Process API.

Also, I had one process that did not show up in API process report.

Dynatrace Certified Professional

Featured Posts