Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolution vs. Refreshes Time

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Dear All,

I noted one discrepancy between minimum resolution time and refresh time. Because for me this does not make sense, that screen is refreshing every 1 minute and the minimum resolution is 5 minutes. Therefore, whether refresh time should be increase to 5 minutes or resolution time should be available for 1 minute.

Your expert opinion is required before suggesting an enhancement/idea.

Regards,

Babar

5 REPLIES 5

skrystosik
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Babar from one point I totally agree. I would like to have one minute resolution of data in Dynatrace (like in Appmon). I think problem may be with processing such small amount of timeframe for current data to present them without constantly message “no data for selected timeframe).

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Hello @sebastian k.

Thank you for your endorsement. If the AppMon Server is capable to handle and present the 10 Seconds data then the Dynatrace Server (usually running in the cluster form) should has the same or at least 1 minute.

What is your opinion?

Regards,

Babar

I don’t now what is different in data handling in both aproaches 🙂 but 1 minute resolution would be great for some cases 🙂

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

I would assume scaling is a big factor when it comes to metric resolution. Dynatrace is build to scale to much higher agent numbers and would produce a lot of data with a 10 sec resolution in big environments.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Hello @Patrick H.

Thank you for your input. Scaling can be a factor but what about almost real time information? What is the benefit of 1 minute refresh time if there is no new data processing within that time period?

Regards,

Babar

Featured Posts