cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag not appeared on queues

suresh230591
Mentor

Hi,

We have created automatic tag for tagging services, we are tagging all services that are running on a host. We pulled the services list form API call and found that all the services do not have tag associated with them.

When we later dig in, those are the queues which are not tagged. When we search the queue in global search bar , it show the queue and directly take to smartscape. It is not showing any details about the queue.In the URL , they are having entity id Starts with QUEUE- but in the API details all the queue are having entity id Starts with SERVICE-.

Is there a way we can tag these queues and why we have different entity id in API and URL.

See the rule for service tag

Thanks

Suresh

10 REPLIES 10

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

You want to tag a services that sends specific queues?
or you want to tag the queues?

R.

Have a nice day!

suresh230591
Mentor

Hi,

We want to tag the queues, service is already tagged.

Thanks

Suresh

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

You can use the Request Atribute on the method that handles the queue and find it in method argument or return value, which allows you to retrieve the queue value to use it in request atribute

Then you can use the regex to return the queue name.

R.

Have a nice day!

suresh230591
Mentor

Hi Radoslaw,

Well request attribute might help me to tag the requests but that will not help to tag the whole queue.

I am bit confused about the different entity ID return in service API call and when looking directly in the URL. It should not returns queues as service. Do you have any idea about this.

In the service API calls queues are listed as services so I thought those should be tagged as a services.

Thanks

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Can you share a screenshot of how these queues appear on your screen?

Have a nice day!

If I understand you well, in the list of services you see queues and these queues are also visible on the Smartscape, right?

Unfortunately, the queues themselves can not be tagged even if the API returns it as a service.

Generally, you can tag services which are detected on the monitoring hosts. The exception is the Databases because are create from JDBC or ADO.NET

However, please show how you see it? (as I wrote a post above)

Have a nice day!

suresh230591
Mentor

Hi,

ActiveMQ Queue Listener is the service that is listening to these queues. Yes, I can see them in smartScape. Following are the queues that I want to tag with a tag that is applied to this service which I have grayed out.

This is a problem to us if queues are shown as service in API and we left them without tagged. If those are not shown as service in API then it will not be a problem.

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Unfortunately, you can not tag individual queues.

You can tag only the listener or you can tag specific PurePaths containing selected queues.

Have a nice day!

suresh230591
Mentor

Hi,

Thanks for the confirmation.

Is that something we can expect in future.

skrystosik
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Queues in API can be displayed as service in the same way as Database is. Databases are also services detected from application endpoint, not monired directly. But databases has their own dashboards so they can be tagged. Queues are also detected as services because of data of model that dynatrace is using I think. But because you cannot monitor and present queue in the same level as database, you cannot add tags to them as @Radosław J. said.

Regards, Sebastian

Featured Posts