cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traces not available for IIS App Pool service.

alexrp25
Participant

Hello folks, our dev team is not being to see the traces details from a service that runs on IIS APP POOL. They are able to see the Distributed Traces list however when they choose the Trace option they are not able to see the Execution breakdown. I attached the screenshots below.

Is there something missing in Dynatrace for them see the Execution breakdown for those Traces?

Please advise.

Alex.

4 REPLIES 4

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

What technologies are used in the application? It looks like an unsupported technology is used or the support is not enabled. I'd recommend checking what kind of framework within the AppPool is used and then check if the OneAgent feature for it is enabled.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Hello Julius

the service main technology is IIS App Pool and the Process technology is .NET. Aren't those technologies supported and enabled by default in OneAgent feature? 

Yes, they are. But still there can be a library used within the application which is not supported or some opt-in features have to be turned on. 
You can do a method hotspots on a set of traces and have a look on the classes which are used, but it's best to talk to the developers to check what is used in the application.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Hello Julius, I will check with the developer about any feature he might use for this app. Thank you very much for the assistance. 

Featured Posts