Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

VM and Real Physical Server Join as a Managed Cluster

waikeat_chan
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

I read from documentation that all the nodes must be of the same hardware specs in order to join the managed cluster.

I want to know the hardware specs only referring specifically to RAM and CPU only? or also the disk space?

And how about other things like the brand of the server? Reason being it will be very unlikely the VM is exactly the same as physical servers. The best thing we can do here is boast the VM's RAM, CPU and Disk Space to be the same as those of physical servers, but don't think I can make other features of the VM to be the same as that of physical servers.

Also, while RAM and number of CPU Core can be make to be the same as that physical, does the CPU Cycle (i.e how many GHz) has to be the same? or a little difference is tolerable? (for example, a difference of 0.1 or 0.2GHz).

Any comment is welcomed and appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

Best Regards,

Wai Keat

1 REPLY 1

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

The reason why it is mentioned like that in the documentation is all nodes should be equal power in processing and storing the data, so the load can be distributed evenly.

All nodes should be close in CPU power and same in RAM. Storage also should be same. In terms of the deployment - you can mix metal box with VM if network connectivity/latency is reliable.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Featured Posts