cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access additional host metrics using infrastructure API

steve_neighbou2
Newcomer

I'm using the Managed API to retrieve information about hosts and was wondering if this can be expanded?

As an example, i can retrieve CPU count, hostname, associated tags using a query like this;

tenant.dynatrace-managed.com/e/ENVIRONMENT/api/v1/entity/infrastructure/hosts/?Api-token=token

osType: "WINDOWS",
osArchitecture: "X86",
osVersion: "Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard, ver. 6.3.9600",
hypervisorType: "VMWARE",
ipAddresses:
["192.xx",
"192.xx"
],
bitness: "64bit",
cpuCores: 4,
logicalCpuCores: 4,
monitoringMode: "FULL_STACK",
agentVersion:
{major: 1,
minor: 149,
revision: 213,
timestamp: "20180809-141631",
sourceRevision: ""
},
consumedHostUnits: 1,
userLevel: "SUPERUSER"

Can other host level stats also be included at this same level? The 2 specific ones i'm interested at Total Installed RAM Gb (12) and Uptime Days (57).

If not, is there an alternative way to get this info currently via the API?

1 REPLY 1

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

At this time I dont believe so. I know that others have requested that total Memory Count to be in the API, There also was a Custom tile that you could create that would list the up time of a server. We used that tile to determine if any servers we missed at the time of patch night as all servers get restarted. But that feature was removed with a cluster update about this time last year.

These are great enhancements and while they are not available today, you can place a RFE which will gain the attention of the developers and since others have asked this question as well, maybe they will start working on a solution and implement it in a future cluster update.

https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/DynatraceProductIdeas 

-Chad

Featured Posts