cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can either Dynatrace or AppMon monitor the Azure stack?

D_Miller
Advisor

Hello,

Can either Dynatrace (One Agent) or AppMon monitor the Azure stack for an 'on premise' Azure installation and pull data on the Azurestack Software REST
APIs?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

The way to go will certainly be Dynatrace not AppMon here.

Deploying OneAgents on azure stack should be no problem. I'm not sure if the azure service insights will work on azure stack too. Maybe @Patrick T. can help?

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Hi, I did think that this will be more a job for the Dynatrace OneAgent. Just to confirm I'm talking about the monitoring of an 'On Premise' Azure. We will be monitoring the applications that will run on this instance but we are also requiring the ability to monitor Azure itself and I was hoping to use a dynatrace product for this.

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I though the azure stack was basically a blackbox that Microsoft provides for on prem use cases. Is that not the case?

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Hi

Maybe this blog entry can help you

https://www.dynatrace.com/news/blog/enhanced-azure...

patrick_thurner
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

The best fit would be to use Dynatrace Managed which you can run on-prem as well. As Patrick H. already mentioned - we do have the Azure Dashboard, but that isn't compatible with Azure Stack, since not all underlying monitoring API's are already available on Azure Stack.

Currently we don't have any integrations specific to monitor Azure Stack itself. But you could do custom integrations to pull in metrics and events from the Azure Stack APIs into Dynatrace to monitor the platform as well aside to the application which you can monitor with the OneAgent.

henk_stobbe
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hello,

Is there news on "azure stack" or is above blog the latest status?

KR Henk

I think appmon will not get any new functionalities like this because of focusing on Dynatrace SaaS and managed. Appmon will have only one more major release 7.3

Regards, Sebastian

7.3 !! That's news to me. I thought 7.2 was the final AppMon release

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@Darren M. and @sebastian k. Nobody officially said that AppMon will not be supported anymore. The information I have the AppMon will be constantly developed.

R.

Have a nice day!

Featured Posts