cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a python Script to GET and POST SLO's within Dynatrace for Availability, Error Rate and Response Time

whitakerj96
Observer

Hi Guys,

I have been tasked with creating a python script to integrate with Dynatrace in order to Post and update the SLO's within Dynatrace for Availability, Error Rate and Response times.

Would someone be able to give me some advice as to where to start or a sample code that I can use to help as I am unsure where to start being new to Dynatrace.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Malaik
Champion

Hello @whitakerj96 

Why you want to use python ... to do something proposed by defaut on dynatrace?

A simple dashboard can solve your need.

Good day.

Sharing Knowledge

bobby_crumley
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Hey  Whitaker! You should be able to find what you're looking for if you look at the Environment API V2. Scroll down to "Manage SLOs" and you should be able to find what you need. I can't help with the actual python script, but if you do need deep dive hands on help, let me know and I can work with you to get some services to build it out for you, exactly to your needs. For now though, check out the SLOs under Environment API V2, add your API token, click to "TryItOut" and see if these options will fit your needs.

Check this for more details: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/dynatrace-api/environment-api/service-level-objectives/post-s... 

Thanks -

Bob Crumley

Ben-Noble
Frequent Guest

Hi, whitakerj96 - are you still working on this?

-Ben

Featured Posts