cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete a custom device?

tarjei_utnes
Organizer

The documentation provides information on how to delete custom metrics.

However, I do not see any way of deleting custom devices.

Using the custom metrics and custom devices I have created a custom device. Is it possible to delete it afterwards?

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/dynatrace-a...

4 REPLIES 4

hayden_miedema
Inactive

Hi Tarjei,

There is no way to delete them explicitly. The device will fall out of Dynatrace after not receiving traffic for 72 hours.

HTH,

Hayden

satish_a_prasad
Organizer

looks like a feature request is needed.. i don't want to be spammed by problem notifications from Hosts that i know have been decomissioned..

kelvin_klein
Helper

Hi question on deleting custom devices. What if a custom device is created where it is mapped to IP addresses and ports that are consistently receiving traffic? Does the custom device still get removed 72 hours later if no API traffic calls are made, or is it all forms of traffic?

Enrico_F
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Custom devices that were created through the UI can be deleted any time by navigating to it and clicking on the "..."

Those that were created through the API cannot be deleted directly. Instead they will be automatically deleted when either

• all their associated custom metrics were deleted via Timeseries API (this is according to feedback from support and unverified by me) or
  • they were manually tagged with "dt.junk:<timestamp>" where <timestamp> must be later than the "last seen" timestamp for the custom device. This will make sure the entity is deleted from the index during one of the next index-cleanup runs which are performed in best effort manner (it may take up to a few days to take effect).

Featured Posts