cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynatrace SaaS POST API's-V2

amitbsht321
Contributor

Hi Team,

We are looking for a way to send this information to dynatrace and store it into a custom table, then we can fetch the data using query in the future.

[
{
"name": tableName,
"type": "gauge",
"value": values,
"timestamp": Date.now(),
"attributes": {
"orderRequestId": orderRequestId,
"orderRequestCode": orderRequestCode,
"orderRequestName": orderRequestName,
"DateCreate": dateCreate,
"CustomerId": customerId,
"JobSiteId": jobSiteId,
"CountryCode": CountryCode,
"StatusCode": StatusCode
}
}
]

I was looking into the dynatrace API repository but I didn't find any API. that can help me to post a custom table on dynatrace.

We are using Environment API V2-Metrics-Post.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Amit Singh Bisht

6 REPLIES 6

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

It is not possible to post "random" data to dynatrace. 

There are many options (e.g. API, Plugins or SKDs) to integrate data into the existing models in dynatrace like metrics, events or RUM data.

What you want is not possible at the moment, you could open a product idea for it. 

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Hello pahofmann,

Thanks a lot for the quick response.

Below is a short brief of our requirement.

We are monitoring an application via Agentless and fetching OrderRequest-ID's via custom attribute configuration. But again a different OrderRequest code is getting saved in application DB for each OrderRequest-ID.

So we wanted push OrderRequest code along with the orderRequest-ID in to DT via Environment API V2-Metrics-Post.

By any chance will it be possible to cater above requirement.

Why not just use another user session/action attribute for the orderRequest code like you  do for the ID?

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Hello Pahofmann,

We are using agentless approach to monitor the application.  So that is the reason we can't get the orderRequest code saved in application DB.

Please correct me, if I am wrong.

Regards,

Amit Singh Bisht

Ah, so the orderRequest code is never handled by the frontend? 

In that case it would indeed not be possible to use a user session/action attribute.

Besides the RUM API / SDK there is no way to add session/action attributes or request attributes, that would be needed for this use case.

So there unfortunately is no way to get the data added to the user session for you use case.

Thanks pahofmann for your great help.

Featured Posts