cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable/disable the monitoring on particular Host through REST API

sjammula
Inactive

We are looking for some automation from our end to disable/enabling the monitoring of the hosts through REST API. We see the API which provides the list of hosts. But wondering any API to update enable/disable monitoring of particular HOST.

8 REPLIES 8

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

AFAIK it's not possible at this time using the public API. Maintenance windows are on the roadmap and should be available very soon. It believe enabling/disabling host monitoring using API will be included with release of maintenance windows.

Or if you have time & courage, you could try play with the private REST API (undocumented) - the one UI is using. It does not look that complicated, you just need to figure out how to send valid headers.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

sjammula
Inactive

Thanks for the response.

Can you provide details of private REST API (undocumented) , if you have that handy.

I don't have that, sorry.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

anders_lundin3
Inactive

I have the need to do the same. I can find some information using the REST API with /entity/infrastructure/hosts/{meIdentifier}  but the only candidate for disable monitoring would be "monitoringMode": but I guess that is only to set/unset infrastructure only monitoring mode.

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi guys,

Any news here? is this feature is on the roadmap?
Yos

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

ksundararajan
Newcomer

Do we have any doc for this, asking after 2 years, hope someone found out already.

rswarnka
Helper

Is this implemented yet? I have 20+ hosts with specific tags and I want to disable monitoring for these hosts via API?

ben_wrightson
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Featured Posts