cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get list of all agent notifications\updates with corresponding host name

heramb_sawant
Organizer

Hi ,
We get this notifications on the top( in yellow color bar) regarding  OneAgent Updates (Insufficient free space available on host or Host is misconfigured, etc) .

I would like to know  how we can get the list of  host  and corresponding  agent updates, so that we can take necessary action on it. I did not find any Dynatrace API to pull such information in bulk.

Can somebody suggest  best way to pull out this agent update  information. It will be big task to check manually in bigger environment.

Thanks in Advance

6 REPLIES 6

heramb_sawant
Organizer

Please help on this with your inputs\thoughts.

mark_bley
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi @heramb_sawant,

there is an endpoint (Environment v1 OneAgnet on a host) that can tell you if a problem occurred during an update e.g.:

• LOST_AGENT_UPGRADE_FAILED: Hosts where OneAgent has a potential update problem due to inactivity after update.
  • UNMONITORED_AGENT_UPGRADE_FAILED: Hosts where OneAgent has a potential update problem

In case this is not what you are looking for, those error logs are also recorded in the server log folder in the file called feature.agent.autoupdate.problems.#.#.log

Best,

Mark

heramb_sawant
Organizer

Hi Mark,
Thank for your response. I am not looking for the problems occurred during agent update. 

I am looking for the notification comes at the top in yellow bar  , display agent update notification for example ,
"Agent Update - Please check disk space on servername: Insufficient free space available on "/opt/dynatrace/oneagent/downloads" Required space: 1564 MiB, available: 1058 MiB.  <1/13>

Here yellow bar display 13 notifictions ,we need to export\fetch  these 13 notification in bulks , so we cna track and take required actions.

Hi @heramb_sawant, did you by chance manage to figure out the best way to fetch those notifications? It would be really helpful if you shared it here, in case anyone else if facing the same problem 😉 cheers!

The only constant is change. Finding ways for great things to happen!

haris
Dynatrace Enthusiast
Dynatrace Enthusiast

Hi @Ana_Kuzmenchuk, the banner notifications have been deprecated with an update to Dynatrace SaaS 1.243. They are now called System notifications and you, as well as anybody interested, can read more about it here: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/release-notes-saas-sprint-243#system-notifications

Hi @haris, thank you very much for sharing! 

The only constant is change. Finding ways for great things to happen!

Featured Posts