cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there API to Get System Notifications?

lcramos
Newcomer

I know there is API to make request to Notification Configuration, but i can't find a similar API to get request to System Notifications. Is there something available for this or no?

6 REPLIES 6

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Is that what you're looking for?

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/dynatrace-api/configuration-api/notifications-api/get-all-not...

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

mike_ditmar
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Radoslaw, they want to get all of the System Notifications via API - not the configurations for Problem notifications. 

piotr_lewandows
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

For the new page "System Notifications", there is no Public API currently.

Most of the texts are served from the UI.

Surely Product Management would be happy to see idea with the reasoning behind the use case. 

scott_banyas
Participant

This would be beneficial when Dynatrace is integrated with a ticketing solution.  I could see it in our case where say a OneAgent update notification is available would be able to generate a ticket interally.

olory
Visitor

In my case I would like to be notified when my environment Host Unit Quota is reached
(You've exceeded your host units quota. Your license allows you to monitor hosts with total host units up to 368. Not enough?)

So have access to API Notification content, or allow to configure System Notification to send external notifications (like mail, ...) will be good

derija
Participant

In our case we get notifications like: 

Agent Update - Please check disk space on <hostname>.company.com: Insufficient free space available on "/opt/dynatrace/oneagent" Required space: 1923 MiB, available: 1812 MiB.

Which we have an ansible play to re-size partition. We want to api call so we can parse out the hostnames and then call Ansible play with names...

Featured Posts