cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way we can monitor transactions through the API’s

vn00506309
Participant

Hi,

we have application API's with the results of Jason/Xml formats. how to configure these API's with dynatrace(whether in terms of SAAS/Synthetic) to monitor the transactions/metrics.

we do not access to deploy OneAgent but the application is exposing some of its API , How dynatrace helps to monitor performance of that application with those APIs.

Do you have any document for integrating API's with Dynatrace.

4 REPLIES 4

wolfgang_beer
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

I hope I understand your question right, otherwise please correct me:

In case you are monitoring an application with our synthetic tests you get all the application test information through our timeseries REST API. Metrics such as response time per location and step.

You can also directly request a REST endpoint through a synthetic test which will provide you the information for individual APIs of an application.

Hi Wolfgang. Thanks for your prompt reply.

what I mean to say is.. let me clarify trhough esample. Asssume that I have 1 applcation called as "X".. in X application I have few of API's. Now my question is how we need to map these API's in Dyntarce to see the transaction in dashbaord/chart.

Let me know if you didn't get my point.

vn00506309
Participant

Hi Wolfgang. Thanks for your prompt reply.

what I mean to say is.. let me clarify trhough esample. Asssume that I have 1 applcation called as "X".. in X application I have few of API's. Now my question is how we need to map these API's in Dyntarce to see the transaction in dashbaord/chart.

Let me know if you didn't get my point.

vn00506309
Participant

Hi Wolfgang,could you please provide your inputs on this one.