cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cordova hybrid app link with backend services

Bert_VanderHeyd
Advisor

We instrumented a cordova app (ionic) using the cordova plugin. We see the user sessions and the user actions coming in for both IOS and Android.

But there is a big difference between the two platforms. Android is working as designed I guess, but I do have some questions:

1) Are there plans to get rid of the two application views (mobile and web) and merge them into one hybrid view? That would be a lot easier to find things.

2) Currently, the mobile app detects the backend services which are called from the web view. So, the infographic shows the services on mobile app. On web app, the services say "0". However, the user actions are on the web app and when diving deeper you see the calls to the backend, but they are not recognized as purepath. From what I understand when using certificate pinning is that the actual connection goes via the mobile part. But we loose the important link between action and backend call.

3) IOS is even a different story. There we don't see the backend services at all. There are also less user actions and they are completely different than the ones on android.

1 REPLY 1

harp
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

1) no, that is currently not planned (FYI @Dominik P.)

2) + 3) FYI @Matthias H. - at least for 3) we would need more information