cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to capture username from form data

AK
Pro

Hi Folks,

I need to capture the usernames from form data shown below. 

AK_0-1634920282737.png

Is it possible? if yes, how can I do that?

Regards,

AK

5 REPLIES 5

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi @AK 

Check gautier_begin's step by step answer here

HTH

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Hi @Yosi_Neuman,

Thanks for the inputs. I'm able to capture the username appearing on homepage using css selector however, customer don't want to tag the username that is showing on homepage (after logging in). They want the username that we are entering during login (in the username field of login page).

Homepage (after logging in) will show first name and last name but username entered during the login has different value and that I want capture and tag.

Regards,

AK

Hi @AK 

As far as I know there is no way to capture information from input filed.

The question is if its possible to change the login page and add dtrum.identifyUser after username is entered ?  

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Hi @AK ,

based on your screenshot I assume the request is form encoded. I you have your services monitored by OneAgent, then it's easy to setup a request attribute capturing this value:

Julius_Loman_0-1634975980582.png

Then you just add the Request attribute as source for your user tag in the application definition:

Julius_Loman_1-1634976096770.png

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

AK
Pro

@Julius_Loman, It work like a charm. Thank you for your help.

@Yosi_Neuman, Thanks for some of your inputs too.

Featured Posts