cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How user tagging is working automatically for EasyTravel Application?

AK
Pro

Hello Folks,

I'm playing around with EasyTravel recently. While traversing through user sessions I observed that the Usernames are getting detected automatically.

I was under impression that, user sessions will show username as Anonymous and after configuring User Tagging Rule it will start showing actual usernames. That's how I did long time ago (might be old version of EasyTravel).

When I checked with support they said, EasyTravel has calls the JavaScript API to tag the users automatically.

I'm wondering how this is working.

Can anyone help me to understand as what is actually done to detect those username automatically using JavaScipt API?

Regards,

AK 

4 REPLIES 4

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

You can find information on everything you can do with the Javascript API the agent offers in the Documentation.

It's not so much an automatic detection, as manual instrumentation. The developer can call a function of the javascript agent to set the user tag. This way you don't have to setup a rule in dynatrace, but you have to change your application code.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

AK
Pro

Is it possible to get more details from EasyTravel application side as in which file the code snippet is added? Basically, I want to disable it so that I can configure a detection rule by myself on the Dynatrace UI.

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Haven't really used easytravel much since the AppMon days, so can't really say where the identifyUser is called, sorry.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

rastislav_danis
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

It's done by dtrum.identifyUser() function.

More info here:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/how-to-use-dynatrace/real-user-monitoring/how-to-use-real-use...

Alanata a.s.

Featured Posts