cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java script not getting injected on HTML pages which is making RUM failed

sareens
Participant

Facing some strange issues from last 1 week. Java script not getting injected on HTML pages due to which user session not getting tracked. Front end servers have OneAgent deployed and working fine. On DT Tenant also this host showing visible. Web Service on which application hosted is also showing does not exist any more in DT. But in actual all working fine. Able to access application and rest all looks good. Any suggestion if someone has experienced the same.

2 REPLIES 2

AlexanderSommer
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi, it is hard to say why it is not working anymore without knowing your environment. At first please check if real user monitoring was not turned off (sounds stupid, I know) or someone has turned of injection of the RUM JavaScript for this particular process group.
An other reason could be that the application was updated and now the Dynatrace OneAgent can't find an injection point. For example because the HTML is not valid anymore.
But in order to help you quick and without guessing, please open a support ticket as we then know your environment and can help you directly.

sareens
Participant

Real User Monitoring enabled. How to check whether injection of the RUM JavaScript for this particular process group is turned off. As far i know OneAgent need to be on the web server and RUM should be enabled in DT. At app end no changes done, this problem started from last 1 week before that all was OK. I have opened the ticket with support and they are investigating on the same. This issue really looks strange and i am curious to know the fix :).

Thanks for the suggestion and help!