cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Capture the XHR Actions

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Dear All,

XHR actions are not capturing/available for an application even the monitor signal passes through infrastructure e.g. below is the result.

state=ok&agentType=nginx&agentVersion=1.155.233.20181024-130856

The same application was monitoring with the AppMon and providing a complete visibility of user actions.

Regards,

Babar

10 REPLIES 10

You don't see them at all or only in configured application? Maybe they are in default one? Did you instrument js frameworks and async settings?

Sebastian

Hello @Sebastian K.

Yes I enabled the js frameworks and also async settings.

As you can see in the below screenshot that only the load actions are coming but partially. XHR actions are totally not available.

Regards,

Babar

It is hard to say something without knowing your app. But check one more thing. In application settings -> advaced you can setup support for timeout requests and unsuported async frameworks. Check both, maybe some support has been dropped between appmon and Dynatrace but I don't think so.

Sebastian

Hello @Sebastian K.

While exploring the available options, I already enabled the below options.

Regards,

Babar

I've missed right place for timed action support. Try enabling this feature in content capture. And disable synchronisous send of beacon maybe. Force realoading od agent library and check again. If you see that xhr from ruxitagent are correct with 200 code in network tab of dev tools than I have no other ideas for know. Strange.

Sebastian

Hello @Sebastian K.

I disabled the send beacon signal synchronously for Firfox and IE. Timed action support feature was already enabled by me while troubleshooting.

Regards,

Babar

I'm curious, what is framework stack of monitored application?

And maybe stupid question.. Did you something in excluded xhr section in Advanced settings?

Sebastian

nj_njoku
Inactive

Hey Barbar,

1. Is this happening for just one RUM application in your environment or is this across all the RUM applications in your environment?

2. Under Application -> Settings -> Advanced Setup, do you have any regular expression under Exclude XHR requests from monitoring

3. Look into the waterfall chart of your Load actions and confirm if XHR requests are captured (where expected) as part of the waterfall.

4. Create a user action extraction rule for XHR actions ( Application -> Settings -> User Actions). You can start with the regex (.*) just to confirm if any XHR actions are extracted and then later fine tune it based on your requirements if it works. (I will suggest to do this step in a non-production environment)

Hope This Helps

NJ

Hello @Ugochukwu N.

Doing a POC in the UAT environment with only one application and there is no exclusion rule configured. User action extraction rules is created even though no XHR information is capturing.

Have a look on the below screenshots for the configuration and the errors we are receiving.

user-action-naming

javascript-injection

javascript-errors

Few actions are capturing with the message of "We weren't able to detect any publicly hosted files. If you want more information about the location of this error, please upload your minified JavaScript file or the matching source map."

Regards,

Babar

nj_njoku
Inactive

Hi Barbar,

For that message, Dynatrace attempts to automatically fetch any available source maps related to this error. If a source map is found, you’ll see the origin of the detected source map and the location of the error in the original JavaScript file. If a source map isn’t detected, click the Upload source map button and manually upload the corresponding source map. See more on this here

For the XHR actions not being captured still, I will suggest you open a Support ticket

Thanks

NJ