We have a web application which is, as per we know, used 100% of the times with Microsoft Edge.
That application uses compatibility with Internet Explorer, and we see in Dynatrace that 100% of users are from Internet Explorer.
Anyone know if that "IE compatibility" Edge feature affects to the way the browser is determined?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I just tested this in my own environment opening the same application with both Edge and then Edge with IE compatibility and yes the IE compatibility makes it so Dynatrace thinks you are using IE. I can't find anything that gives concrete reasoning as to why. What I did find though was that IE compatibility actually uses the IE web engine and not Chromium so my guess is that the different web engine behaves differently providing some identifier that Dynatrace picks up on.
yes its is determined by the agent that gets injected on user page when the page is loaded. The js agent sends data back to Dynatrce base on index type where it can differentiate edge based on chromium engine (latest one know as edge) or IE engine.