cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user tag no effect

adm
Dynatrace Guide
Dynatrace Guide

What could prevent a user tag from working? I know what to look for if it was a bad choice in user tag, but it's had no effect on the sessions (they still are just assigned a random ID after 24 hours). 

8 REPLIES 8

ChadTurner
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

maybe your CCS Selector is invalid. What are you using to tag the user session? 

-Chad

adm
Dynatrace Guide
Dynatrace Guide

Hi Chad. I'm using a JS variable (ex: window.nameHere). When I enter the variable in the devtools console it returns what it should.

okay sweet. are there any additional rules listed as well? if so remove them or place the correct one as the first item. 

-Chad

adm
Dynatrace Guide
Dynatrace Guide

It's the only rule.

okay good, now you said that this rule has been existent for how long over 24 hours? If that JS is valid then I would expect to see the value presented as a user tag. 

-Chad

adm
Dynatrace Guide
Dynatrace Guide

Been in place for almost 48 hours now. Just now filtered for sessions within the last 30 minutes and they're still formatted like: Anonymous (1621297322290T9PR4U1VJTVT2MLCP8GN0PSIVAJQ6UA)

hmm, well then that JS variable but not the be correct one. can you use something else? or maybe even a CSS selector? 

-Chad

Hi @adm! Have you been able to solve this problem eventually? Are there some newer insights that deserve sharing? 😄