cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture response of intermediate request within Browser click-path monitor

AK
Pro

Hi Folks,

I need some help on synthetics for my new use case.

We have one browser click-path monitor containing login and logout steps.

I wanted to capture response of one of intermediate request which loads with main document request.

When I say intermediate, is it something that generates a token and only be visible when we go to network tab of developer console like below,

AK_0-1679500914765.png

Is something that is really doable?

Regards,
AK

5 REPLIES 5

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Can you make the same call as a fetch in a JavaScript event?

@HannahM, thanks for the response, I will try this.

Regards,

AK

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

When I see capture data in a HTTP response, I always think in Capture request attributes based on method arguments.

Best regards  

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

@AntonPineiro, thanks for the response.

I wanted to capture the response of particular request and utilize it to do further checks periodically.

Hence, need to use browser click-path monitor to achieve the same. I think we can't incorporate this using 'Capture request attributes based on method arguments'. Do you have any other thoughts?

Regards,

AK

Hi,

This configuration is a config for server side, it means, if request is done, you are capturing that information. No matter if requests was starting for a synthetic script, you using curl/postman or a end user in the web interface.

If you want to use only Synthetics, you can do it if you can do it using Javascript, if not, it is not possible.

You have differents options in Dynatrace but you need to know where is data and how to ingest it. If you know that particular piece information is in some method answer, method parameter, that request attribute will be useful.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

Featured Posts