cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Http monitor global outage for HTTP monitor

Mar
Visitor

Hi Community,

every day we receive many of these exact problems in our Slack channel that resolve in about a minute. Is there any option to do not show these notification when they are resolved so quickly?

5 REPLIES 5

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

I recommend changing your outage handling settings in the HTTP monitors to be less sensitive. There are options to trigger the outage alert after 1,2,3 or 5 failures and you can set this either per monitor or at the environment level. There is more information here

HannahM_0-1655364587384.png

Thank you Hannah,

however, when I try to set it on the environment level and I go to settings as suggested in the docs you send I can't find the Web and mobile monitoring page. Where can I set it on the environmental level?

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Ah, ok. You don't have permissions to update this for the environment. You'll either need to ask someone with those permissions to do it or update the monitors that are most regularly triggering these alerts. 

lee_rovner
Contributor

Go into Setting>Alerting>Problem alerting profiles and change or set your times. I am posting an example

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Create alerting profiles and fine tune your alerts notification based on alerting profiles. refer this blog 

KG

Featured Posts