cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recorder doesn't open and playback doesn't work from a browser monitor

erh_inetum
Helper

Hi,

I'm trying to create a Browser Clickpath Synthetic Monitor and playback one without success.

Dynatrace Synthetic Recorder extension is installed on Chrome, Incognito mode enabled and all sites allowed. But when I click on playback button to reproduce one that is created the reproduction doesn´t start. And when I try to create one only the first step is recorded. I've checked my user has the right permissions to record a browser clickpath. And it doesn´t work in any tenant in my computer; I mean, I can´t record any browser clickpath or playback it in any tenant.

What could be wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Elena.

5 REPLIES 5

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Hi Elena, 

can you open a support ticket? We're trying to work out the cause of this but have not been able to create a reproducer yet. Can you confirm the version of the Recorder extension and the version of Chrome you are using, including the minor versions? Many thanks, Hannah

Hi Hanna,

Chrome Version: 102.0.5005.115

Dynatrace Synthetic Recorder Version: 243.1

I'll open a support ticket.

Thanks,

Elena.

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Do post the RCA once you hear it from support 😉

KG

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Yes, we now know the cause - a change in behaviour in Chrome 102, it is no longer allowing a window to open if 50% of it is out of displayed area. We are working on a fix but in the meantime, users can increase their screen resolution or change the script to use a custom resolution that is the same or smaller than their screen size. 

HannahM_0-1655282227650.png

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

An updated version of the Synthetic Recorder has been released, 243.3. This version contains a fix for this behaviour. 

Featured Posts