11 May 2023 10:48 PM - last edited on 17 May 2023 03:20 AM by AgataWlodarczyk
I configured with success a click path monitor with SSO authentication in order to check the availability of the application, but only authentication steps (SSO redirect) represents 6 steps for a total of 8 steps to check only the home page :
So I tried to create a browser monitor with a single URL (target page) by using HTTP Authentication with the same account :
But the result is the redirection to the authentication SSO page :
Do you have any idea how to deal with this use case, please?
I'm assuming you are using Windows private synthetic location, this is normal for the browser to click path with Azure AD SSO as it will record every step, add the username then click next and add the password,..etc.
as for the single URL, as far as I know, it will not work in this case.
Thank you @Mohamed_Hamdy , it's correct I'm using private synthetic. Another alternative could be to use the domain account to launch ActiveGate service on a Windows ActiveGate but it will be heavy to maintain, I'm looking for a native approach.
Hello @HannahM , I believe that you mastering in SSO and synthetic regarding previous posts.
Do you have a point of you ? Thank you so much !
If you navigate to the page, do you normally see the SSO login page, you do for the click path and Browser monitor, or go directly to the application? Your screenshots look like you are always directed to the login page but if that's not the case then it may be that the credentials are picked up from the user that opens Chrome, rather than just passed to Chrome. You can test this on a Windows machine, preferably the ActiveGate you are running this monitor from. The following steps open Chrome as the Local Service user, which is the user that the ActiveGate uses.
If you see the SSO Login, then you may need to discuss with the Application team about allowing the Local Service user, as I just spotted your other comment that you would prefer not to change the user the Dynatrace Synthetic service logs on as. These steps will at least confirm if that is the issue.
It might also be worth trying the Webform option instead of HTTP Authentication in the authetication drop down. I would expect HTTP Authentication to be the correct one but wouldn't want to miss trying this.
Hi @AurelienGravier ,
A year ago if I am not worng I had a quite similar issue at a sharepoint site monitoring from internal synth location. I also used the http auth. I tried many options. This is my working setup:
At navigate event:
At the keystroke event:
I hope it helps.