Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeout values for a single-URL browser monitor

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Dear All, @HannahM 

What is the timeout for a single-URL browser monitor?

I used 500 seconds and the configuration was saved. It did not stop me to use 60 seconds or a maximum of 300 seconds (the programmed timeout values for browser clickpaths, if applicable to single-URL browser monitor as well).

Note: We know how to modify the monitor timeouts across the environment for execution on private locations, local playback, and wait times, but the use case presented here is related to the public location.

Babar_Qayyum_1-1679907864992.png

On the other side, single-URL browser monitor is failing after 65 seconds.

Babar_Qayyum_0-1679907643266.png

Babar_Qayyum_2-1679907961151.png

Regards,

Babar

4 REPLIES 4

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Hi Babar, 

I believe this is because you have chosen 'Total duration of all events'. We have the option to increase the script timeout for the tenant to higher than 300s using the API, so I suspect that is why there is not validation to limit it. I will have a play though and see. I take it you would prefer that there was a validation of this so that the maximum time you can set matches the current maximum script threshold for your tenant?

Thanks

Synthetic SME and community advocate.

Hello @HannahM 

I checked the single URL as well. The other concern is related to the timeout after 65 seconds. Why it is getting timeout after 65 seconds? If it is predefined then what about the 500 seconds saved configuration?

Regards,

Babar

For a single url monitor, the script timeout would work out as equal to the event timeout as you can only have 1 event. If you haven't increased the setting for step timeout, then 65s seconds would be about right for a single url monitor, as we allow a small amount of leeway for the timeout. 

Synthetic SME and community advocate.

Hello @HannahM 

The event timeout is very much understood, as mentioned in the browser clickpaths documented area. So, according to your comments, the threshold does not matter until we change the step time using the API which will take effect on the environment level.

Regards,

Babar

Featured Posts