cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locale problems when exporting data in XLS or CSV format

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Using data that has '.' as a decimal place is a known problem in European countries, where ',' is the usual decimal place.

When exporting data in Dynatrace in CSV or XLS format, typically from Custom graphs, and importing it into a spreadsheet where the locale specifies that ',' is the decimal place, it is guaranteed that big problems will arise, and that in those cases where data has decimal places, then probably exported data will not be reliable.

I understand that there is no good solution here, and that Dynatrace doesn't support a different locale. Given this, I would ask how some of you might have workarround this, or some good best practices dealing with this issue?

Antonio Sousa
3 REPLIES 3

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

In general, I don't think there is any workaround right now.
I just opened an RFE that should also apply to your case RFE - Honour browser locale for number formatting .

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Interesting idea, Julius. Just voted, but not sure how Dynatrace can figure it out, given that only the language is passed by the browser...

Antonio Sousa

There are not only languages, but also country identifiers (e.g. en-gb, en-us). I'm not sure how standardized this, but it is better than the current situation.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Featured Posts