cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Group over Metric events

Hello,

I've few critical hosts where process group instances are restarted frequently, some due to major issues.

Hence, I want to get an alerting if the same PGI (over a define host) is restarted more than thrice within 1 hour.

Is that possible, can someone figure it please?

Thanks

MH

8 REPLIES 8

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

You can enable process group availabillty monitoring but I do not see a way to be alerted when it happens 2 times per hour.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

regarding when it happens 2 times per hour, I think after enabling the process group availability, this could be achieved by creating a custom metric event using metric "builtin:availability.process-group-alerting" and adding the violating samples and sliding window for the required duration under the advanced model properties section

you can give it a try.

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

Thank you for your response @Mohamed_Hamdy 

Upon checking it's says based on minute. My condition is >3 in an hour from a particular PGI.

Hello @munawarhossain1 , I know it might be confusing but the "The number of one-minute samples that form the sliding evaluation window." the value in minutes so by adding 60 this will reflect 60 minutes, so the sliding window will be 60 minutes

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

Alright. Thanks. What about "violating sample"? Shall I update as 4 as I need event more than thrice.

So, will it create event if 5/6+ restart?

Sure, and you can add any value based on your requirements and it will be based on availability, make sure that you've added the needed entity. and also make sure that any needed metrics are reflected properly by using Data Explorer before creating the custom metric event

Sure, thanks. Did that but it "Throttled". This customization is for one server.

Hi,

You need to split that metric event filtering per process intance or somethng as that.

It means, create more than one covering all scope to avoid throttled.

Best regards 

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

Featured Posts