cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMware ESXI Host Datastore connectivity

Bhati
Frequent Guest

Hi Team,

We are monitoring VMWare ESXI Hosts, and we can see datastore information under the ESXI host page, but is there a way to set up an alert if the datastore connectivity is lost.

3 REPLIES 3

erh_inetum
Advisor

Hi @Bhati ,

I think you can add the extension "VMware (remote monitoring)" from Hub to your environment to get metrics related to datastore information. And then you can create a metric event associating it to an alerting profile and a notification.

If you would haven´t DDUs availabled to add the extension, maybe you could use the builtin metric "builtin:cloud.vmware.hypervisor.availability" for creating a metric event to alert vmware connectivity.

Regards,

Elena.

Hi Elena

Thanks for answering , could you tell me like Does Dynatrace generate availability alerts when my datastores become inactive, is that what you mean.

Regards,

Archana

Hi Archana,

To Dynatrace triggers an alert you have to configure a metric event using the desired metric.
Here you have an example of metric event configuration:

erh_inetum_0-1712550686168.png

On "Feature Sets" in this link https://www.dynatrace.com/hub/detail/vmware-remote-monitoring/ you can see the metrics related to datastore you can use.

I hope it helps you.

Regards,

Elena.

Featured Posts