cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Business Transaction => Filter => Aggregate – explanation

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi

I remember ,or think that I remember, I saw
once an explanation on what does each option in the aggregate picker, but I can't
find it anywhere …. Where can I find an explanation?

Thanks in advance

Yos

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace primer partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel
7 REPLIES 7

jose_colella
Inactive

@Yosi Neuman,

I found the following link from the community explaining the different aggregation types. Measures Aggregation. Go to the aggregation section, and it details what each aggregation type is.

The only one not explained is the last aggregation type, which means the last encountered value per interval. I hope this helps you.

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi Jose

Thanks for your answer but does this explanation on charting
aggregation also applies for the business transaction filter aggregation?

Yos

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace primer partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

jose_colella
Inactive

@Yosi Neuman,

Yes. As Business transaction are made up of measures. So the explanation also applies to Business transactions.

There is difference in how aggregation work for charting and BT.

In BT the evaluation is done per BT scope where as in charting aggregation is done per chart resolution time selected.

Every BT has scope like server-side purepath, user action and visit.

For server-side purepaths if you use DB Time measure and aggregation avg then avg of all DB calls per purepath is used. Where as in charting aggregation is per chart resolution time and never per purepath.

For user action if you use a purepath measure then the aggregation considers the measure value of all purpeaths contained in the user action.

The label 'Calculate Business transaction per' in BT edit view says all.

If you like please vote the RFE BT for web requests

-Sreerag

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

I think I might have covered this in my YouTube Tutorials:

mohan_nandedkar
Inactive

Hi

I know that this topic has been discussed a while ago. I just wanted to look up the documentation on the "Aggregation" options for the BTs in AppMon, but the documentation doesn't exist anymore -or at least I can't find it. Does anyone know where to find the article linked under https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DOCDT62/FAQ+-+Measures+and+Charting?_ga=2.53272480...

Thank you!

Mohan

Hi Mohan,
try this:
https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/application-monitoring/tips-and-tricks/glossary-measures-and-charting/?_ga=2.7465842.192929769.1543568263-1925307714.1533196632

Regards,
Lazaro