cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Host Availability Monitor 1.2.0 is not working as expected

Hello,
I have created Host Availability Monitor and did following configuration:

This plugin is scheduled to run for Every 1 minute.

In Hosts section I have added my website for example www.mywebsite.com but plugin is not running as expected. Availability measurement values always comes 0 even I can browser the website.
I got following in scheduled details:

Following are the logs:

2016-10-26 15:38:42 SEVERE [AvailMonitor@HAM Prod test_0] Pinging www.mywebsite.com Failure : ping Args: -w 5 www.mywebsite.com
2016-10-26 15:39:42 SEVERE [AvailMonitor@HAM Prod test_0] Not reachable address: www.mywebsite.com/123.456.7.8
2016-10-26 15:39:42 SEVERE [AvailMonitor@HAM Prod test_0] Pinging www.mywebsite.com Failure : ping Args: -w 5 www.mywebsite.com
2016-10-26 15:40:42 SEVERE [AvailMonitor@HAM Prod test_0] Not reachable address: www.mywebsite.com/123.456.7.8
2016-10-26 15:40:42 SEVERE [AvailMonitor@HAM Prod test_0] Pinging www.mywebsite.com Failure : ping Args: -w 5 www.mywebsite.com

I think www.mywebsite.com URL is not reachable from collector machine where this is plugin is running.

This is the only reason or something else.

Please suggest.

Enviroment:

Dynatrace version: 6.1
Host Availability Monitor version: 1.2.0

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

If you look at some of the comments on the plugin page: https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/... it looks like a lot of other users started experiencing this issue after upgrading to more recent Dynatrace versions so I am betting is in an issue with the plugin.They report they can ping a host from a collector but when the plugin runs from that collector it fails.

I would add your experience to the plugin page but likely the creator of the plugin or someone who can identify the issue will need to resolve it.

James

Thanks James for quick reply...yeah I also had a look into that...But I haven't upgraded to latest version. I have been using Availability Monitor version: 1.2.0 so might be this issue was with earlier version also...