cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Running Davis® for workflows.

echwallah
Advisor

I am getting the below error while runnng the Davis® for workflows. on one of my environments.

I have followed word to word the steps on the documentation to Predict Disk Capacity and send message to Slack

echwallah_0-1689175881536.png

Error when triggering dynatrace.davis.workflow.actions:davis-analyze on behalf of user 'd24382c3-a50f-4d81-8fa4-a77033967342 (echwallah@ncgafrica.com)::app-engine:functions:run app-settings:objects:write storage:system:read storage:events:read storage:buckets:read state:app-states:read state:user-app-states:read storage:spans:read storage:bizevents:read state:user-app-states:delete state:user-app-states:write app-settings:objects:read storage:logs:read state:app-states:delete davis:analyzers:execute state:app-states:write davis:analyzers:read storage:metrics:read': 403: {"error":{"code":403,"message":"Forbidden","details":{"errorRef":"a6b6f165-e933-4253-8076-2917c7fcc971"}}}. Most likely due to lack of permissions granted to automations app or user permissions.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/platform/davis-ai/automation#permissions

What could be causing this error and how do I resolve it?

Dynatrace Certified Associate
4 REPLIES 4

echwallah
Advisor

Hi Community, any knowledge on what is causing the attached error and related logs?

Additional information is that I am alredy a user with Account Admin and Deployment admin group priviledge. Within these group priviledges is already attached Policies for Automation Admin and App Admin as shown below

echwallah_0-1689228646375.png

echwallah_1-1689228721657.png

Hi Community, I have an update on this after selecting all the Primary and Secondary permissions under Authorization Settings.

I am getting the below error on the Slack send_message action

echwallah_0-1689232142852.png

Error evaluating custom condition: Undefined variables in '{{ result('check_prediction').violation }}': violation

I have also realized the Dynatrace Davis for Workflows Example use case does not mention to enable app-engine:apps:run - Grants permission to list and run apps and gives basic access to the Launcher. It only mentions app-engine:functions:run

I believe this permission is required to run the Davis for Workflows Analyzer App and also Slack for Workflows. I tried to disable this and the Workflow as per the documentation fails.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/platform/davis-ai/automation#evaluate

Hi Community, Thanks to DT Support Engineers, in the jscode for the predict_capacity line number 35 being the fix in the source code:

Changing that line to return {"violation": []} fixed this issue.

I think the documentation also needs to be changed accordingly for that use case

Featured Posts