Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: "Page could not be displayed"; error while updating a workflow.

I am having trouble today with updating a workflow (sometimes the only change is disabling a piece of the flow or turning off a cron job. 


Error detailsJS Error | "Page could not be displayed."
Time3/24/23, 1:21:04 PM CDT
Environment: {took out but can add back}
App version0.25.1
App shell version0.116.1
BrowserMozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/ Safari/537.36
Error: "Page could not be displayed."

at P4.throwsError (https://{environmentid} )
at Ux.handleError (https://{environmentid} )
at https://{environmentid} 
at async https://{environmentid} 
at async https://{environmentid} 


I have clicked "reload app" and tried making the update 3 to 4 times with the same error. Sometimes waiting a while or exiting the page entirely and going back into it helps. 

Travis Ottelien

Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Hi Travis,

I have a couple of questions to get more details:

  1. Does this happen only when you try to save the workflow or with other requests within the Workflow app as well?
  2. Have you observed the same behavior while using other apps?
  3. Could you please share what is the response of the failed request to "/workflows/c5e20473-59dd-4f99-9aa8-fbac5f591abe?task=run_javascript_1"
Your AutomationEngine ally!

Hi Michal, sorry for the delay. I was on vacation all last week. 

  1. This typically happens when I try to save the workflow multiple times while troubleshooting something (e.g: running it; changing a variable; running it; changing a variable; running it). When I talked to others that ran into this issue, they recommended waiting for a half hour and then going back into it.
  2. I have not observed this with other apps though I don't typically save them frequently since there is already an auto-save feature. 
  3. I thought I shared that above though (I also attached an image) though please let me know if I'm misinterpreting. The only thing I changed in the javascript function was commenting out one variable and duplicating it with another so I wouldn't lose my changes

//const url = 'oldURL'
const url = 'newURL'


I made the same change now a week later due to vacation and it was able to save successfully.

Travis Ottelien

Featured Posts