Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving data between APIs using Dynatrace

KarolWisniewski
Community Team
Community Team

Hello Community!

Is there any efficient way of moving "big" data between APIs using Dynatrace? I tried to do it using Workflows, but I could only fetch a relatively small amount of objects using a single JS node. According to my calculations, I would need to create about 60 JS nodes in a single workflow, that doesn't work for me. Is there any workaround for it? I need the data in my internal API for Dashboards and I somehow need to move it from an external one.

5 REPLIES 5

MariaKyrychenko
Community Team
Community Team

Thanks for this question, I was wondering the same thing too🤔

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

Are you talking about configurations as dashboards, alerting profiles... ?
If yes, you can use Monaco.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

Hi Anton,
I'm basically trying to use Dynatrace on the Community page itself. I want to get the data from our vendor's API to our internal Dynatrace API. However, the access to Khoros API is limited, I can't create any pipeline, I can only send calls to it. In this scenario, is it still worth it to look into Monaco? I just wanted to ask this question before I read all about it.

Hi,

Monaco is only to be talking between Dynatrace APIs between environments.

I do not know if your use case can be done inside Dynatrace. I would to do it outside Dynatrace using some program language to pull information from Khoros API, parse or extract what you want, and push to Dynatrace API.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

I'm not familiar with the Khoros API myself, but reading about it for 5 minutes, it seems to be able to return data in JSON format for various statistics. If this is what you're trying to get in Dynatrace somehow (hopefully in the form of either metrics or logs) seems like an extension is the way to go. It will read the data from the Khoros API, modify it to the Dynatrace format and ingest it directly.

Or as @AntonPineiro suggests, do it outside of Dynatrace.

Featured Posts