cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Azure Web App Deployment Slots Merging

g_kat
Helper

Hi,

We are facing issues with having multiple deployment slots for App Services. We have 2 deployment slots(with OA installed on both of them), with 1 always handling the full traffic and the other being used for deployment purposes. When they are swapped, a deployment id is given which is <App_name>_<suffix>. This creates 2 processes with the following names: 1 with the <App_name> and 1 with the deployment id as mentioned. This causes an issue with baselining and keeping a consistent representation of the Web App.

Is there a way to "merge" those 2 so that Dynatrace understands which slot is "active"(has the actual traffic) and thus have it correlate the info through time regardless of which slot handles the traffic? Because, if it alternates between the 2 of them then the baselining/Davis/visualization gets skewed, which is a problem.

I have seen there is both an older discussion and a product idea, but there weren't any conclusions.

Thanks,

George

3 REPLIES 3

agonzalez
Helper

Hello George,

You'll need to find a property that is common to both process groups and perform an Advanced detection rules (Settings --> Process and containers --> Advanced detection rules)

g_kat
Helper

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately I can't use the Azure web app site name which is the only identical property for both (and I wondered if and when the Azure properties will be available for this purpose). I'll have to go with DT_CLUSTER_ID/DT_NODE_ID I think.

agonzalez
Helper

I was checking if you could use some properties of the deployment slot, but it doesn't seems to be possible. You can also try to open a case or a chat ?

Featured Posts