cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynatrace-Redhat openshift integration error

Gogi
Helper

Hi,

I am trying to Integrate Dynatrace with OpenShift using the Dynatrace operator approach.

Tried to run the below commands and getting error on first command.

please help me to fix this issue.

oc adm new-project --node-selector="" dynatrace
oc apply -f https://github.com/Dynatrace/dynatrace-operator/releases/download/v0.6.0/openshift.yaml
oc -n dynatrace wait pod --for=condition=ready --selector=app.kubernetes.io/name=dynatrace-operator,app.kubernetes.io/component=webhook --timeout=300s
oc apply -f dynakube.yaml

Error from server (Forbidden): projects.project.openshift.io "dynatrace" is forbidden: User "goudareddy26" cannot get resource "projects" in API group "project.openshift.io" in the namespace "dynatrace"

Gogi_0-1656339889286.png

4 REPLIES 4

abhi
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Hi @Gogi,

Based on the error, it looks like you were not able to add a Dynatrace project. This might be a restriction on the OpenShift. What I would recommend is to validate if the security context constraints are in place on the Openshift, please find the following document to guide you with the respective steps:

Configure security context constraints (OpenShift)

Added I would also like you to double-check if the user - "goudareddy26" has the cluster-admin privileges to execute those commands for deployment.

Tokens and permissions required

Kind regards,
Abhi

Gogi
Helper

Hi Abhi,

Thanks for reply, Iam using openshift sandbox(free trial), not seeing any option to provide cluster-admin privileges to user  "goudareddy26", not sure wheter in free trial this option is present or not.

abhi
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

You might want to check that with RedHat. However, I was able to find this document. Hope this helps:

Administering a Cluster 

Gogi
Helper

Hi Abhi,

Thanks for reply.

In sandbox openshift free trail Iam not getting any option add user as cluster-admin/admin.

I connect with this user "goudareddy26" , this user doesnt allow to run below commands.

I dont have redhat subscription to get further support from Redhat.

Gogi_0-1656932887130.png

Featured Posts