cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenShift Operator Dynatrace, can't create DynaKube object. Failed calling webhook.

ijhunter
Newcomer

Error "failed calling webhook "webhook.dynatrace.com": failed to call webhook: Post "https://dynatrace-webhook.dynatrace.svc:443/validate?timeout=2s": no endpoints available for service "dynatrace-webhook"" for field "undefined".

Currently, can't create a DynaKube object in OpenShift using the Dynatrace Operator v0.12.0

Any idea how to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi @ijhunter please execute:

oc -n dynatrace wait pod --for=condition=ready --selector=app.kubernetes.io/name=dynatrace-operator,app.kubernetes.io/component=webhook --timeout=300s

the output (if everything goes right should be "conditions met" twice)

If error persists be sure you don't have other APM tools, in a client I faced the same problem but they have other tool, and that's causing the error in the webhook. Hope it helps

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

For assistance please refer to Create user-generated access tokens.

$ oc -n <project> create secret generic dynakube --from-literal="apiToken=API_TOKEN" --from-literal="paasToken=PAAS_TOKEN"

Where do you get the platform as a servcie token in dynatrace?

DanielS_0-1689889079572.png

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

Thanks. I ran across this error in GKE, and after waiting for the above scriplet to complete, I was able to rerun kubectl apply with all resources successfully created.

Featured Posts