cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openshift Pod - Alert if state is not ready.

Dant3
Pro

Hi! we where wondering if is possible to monitor (and how) the state of the pod as seen at the Openshift console in case that a pod is not ready.

Services Solution Engineer @PowerCloud - Observability/CloudOps Certified / Former SE @Dynatrace.
5 REPLIES 5

skrystosik
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Right now there is no such function out of the box. It may be possible by creating ActiveGate plugin that will fetch some extra metrics from OpenShift api (if they are available).

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Thanks @sebastian k. After checking all the options, we found out that in the case of unhealthy state a log is created. So we setup a log detection to check that use case. Will check tomorrow and report back. Thanks!

Services Solution Engineer @PowerCloud - Observability/CloudOps Certified / Former SE @Dynatrace.

If you have log analytics license this will be great as well 🙂 Good luck!.

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Enrico_F
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Our workaround for a similar case (i.e. raising alerts when any warning events are detected for a given namespace) has been implementing of synthetic HTTP monitors that poll the Kubernetes Events API and check the response via regex. Maybe you could do something similar for your pod state. Although I agree it is additional manual work to set up but better than nothing....

MaciejNeumann
Community Team
Community Team

The pod unified analysis page is now available for Openshift (in Early Adopter release at the moment):

Monitor OpenShift workloads 

If you have any questions about the Community, you can contact me at maciej.neumann@dynatrace.com

Featured Posts