cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operator Deployment - Dynakube error 502

SteveO
Visitor

Hello, I am having an issue properly deploying dynatrace within our openshift cluster.

I have all the necessary information regarding on how to connect to dynatrace, but unable to successfully deployed the dynakube CR. Here is the yaml that I am attempting to deploy.

apiVersion: dynatrace.com/v1beta1
kind: DynaKube
metadata:
name: dynakube
namespace: dynatrace
spec:
apiUrl: https://{environmentid}.live.dynatrace.com/api
oneAgent:
classicFullStack:
image: ""
tolerations:
- effect: NoSchedule
key: node-role.kubernetes.io/master
operator: Exists
- effect: NoSchedule
key: node-role.kubernetes.io/control-plane
operator: Exists
autoUpdate: false
skipCertCheck: true
tokens: dynakube
activeGate:
capabilities:
- routing
- kubernetes-monitoring
- dynatrace-api
image: ""
resources:
requests:
cpu: 500m
memory: 512Mi
limits:
cpu: 1000m
memory: 1.5Gi

When attempting to deploy this yaml, I get an error immediately. That error is:
activeGate: {}
conditions:
- lastTransitionTime: '2024-03-26T15:16:52Z'
message: "response error, can't unmarshal json response 502: invalid character '<' looking for beginning of value\n\tresponse error, can't unmarshal json response 502: invalid character '<' looking for beginning of value"
reason: TokenError
type: Tokens

The weird thing about this is, I have attempted to modify the yaml numerous times, and on two different occasions the CR was proceeding. The second time I was able to get it to attempt to spin up the oneagent pods, there were a few pods that kept getting image pullback errors. I ended up pulling the image to a local registry, tagging appropriately, and adding that image URI to the image section. Since I have done that, I can no longer get the CR to do anything except immediately fail once I deploy it.

Any suggestions on how I can successfully deploy dynakube, or pointers in what may be the problem?
0 REPLIES 0

Featured Posts