cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Average, maximum, percentile response time in the dashboard

Malaik
Champion

Hello Dear Community

I want to chart "average", "maximum"... for all my services (for a specific application).

My problem (as shown on the screen below), some services have the "average", but not the "maximum" and vice versa...

Also, the list is not complete, I want the whole services.

Do you have any information about this mistake?

Malaik_0-1631108776294.png

Thanks and have a good day.

Sharing Knowledge
8 REPLIES 8

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

I'm almost sure it's the cardinality limit you have hit. By default the data explorer limits 10 dimensions, see default generated code:

Julius_Loman_0-1631129847694.png

If you have more than 10 services, you need to limit the scope or increase the limit. The issue here is the queries are limited and then joined in a table, so that's why you can see mostly either avg or max values only.

FYI - the limit is 100 per metric selector.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Thanks a lot @Julius_Loman for your feedback and time.

I explored the code side but didnt take a time to analyse and understand what its writen, i was searching an option but not a code.

Good day man.

Sharing Knowledge

Other thing

I opened a RFE since some weeks

Look at the column names, different aggregations with the same column names.

Malaik_0-1631165466946.png

Sharing Knowledge

@Malaik  this looks like a bug.  Maybe @zietho can provide an answer.
Renaming of the columns should be available in 1.226 (very soon) in Data Explorer.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

zietho
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

passed it to the team, yes I believe it does! Thanks @Julius_Loman for tagging me!

Hello @zietho 

We really need an export option.

This result was asked me to be shown on an excel sheet, I spent a lot of time to make it in the right format.

Sharing Knowledge

zietho
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

we are currently planing for smaller but important additions for q4 and the export known from CC is def. one of the items on the plate and also with a high priority. will let you know when i can comm. a version.  

zietho
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

update: it's a bug and with the ability to rename we also removed this buggy automatic differentiation which we put there in the first place to aid the cases with the same name. 

Featured Posts