cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating summary table with fewer columns

kostellod
Visitor

I want to create a summary table that has 2 columns - the first column would be the name of the data, and the second would be the value. These values would be the min / max / average of various metrics over a given time period.
Or, if this can't be done, maybe 4 columns
- the first column to be the name of the metric,
- the second to be min,
- the third average,
- fourth max.

Whenever I try to do this I get a separate column for each calculation, which leads to a table with a lot of blanks in it. Any way to do this?

3 REPLIES 3

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi @kostellod,

Can you share the wrong result table? and the mentioned calculations?

Best regards,

Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

This would be an example. I want 1 line, left column as "CPU %", 2nd as "Min", 3rd as "Avg", 4th as "Max". I'd like this for a couple of different metrics in the same table.

Screen Shot 2023-09-22 at 2.21.00 PM.png

Since you are using the same metric, you should include all the tags in the filter for the same query.

Captura de tela 2023-09-22 163646.png
Example:
builtin:host.cpu.usage:filter(and(or(in("dt.entity.host",entitySelector("type(host),tag(~"YOUR_FIRST_TAG:HERE~")")),in("dt.entity.host",entitySelector("type(host),tag(~"YOUR_SECOND_TAG:HERE~")")),in("dt.entity.host",entitySelector("type(host),tag(~"YOUR_TIRDH_TAG:HERE~")"))))):splitBy("dt.entity.host"):sort(value(auto,descending)):limit(100)

EDIT:
In your case, you should create the following queries, using the same formula, just replacing the aggregation you need.

EDIT 2:

I see the problem now. With no 'split by' condition, you still get the one line per query... So I think this can be an Idea candidate...

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Featured Posts