cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem view/dashboard showing comments indicator

thafford
Frequent Guest

When viewing the Problems main screen I want a way to show, at a glance if any comments have been added to a problem. We have many people working on problems and we encourage users to acknowledge the problem by placing a comment in the Problem comments box.

This is good but it does mean that you have to enter into each problem to understand if it's been worked on? Any suggestions would be very welcomed.   

6 REPLIES 6

thafford
Frequent Guest

Has anyone got any idea's on this one. Just looking for a way to identify that a problem has been acknowledged by a team member rather than having to check by going into the Problem each time to check the comments box. 

Hi @thafford 
On the new Platform UI, you can use a Dashboard with JS code, get a list of all problems and then by every P-ID you can get all the comments associated.

Regards,

-César S. - LATAM Solutions Architect

Romanenkov_Al3x
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

This is very interesting task. I think you need to create Custom Dashboard and Custom script. Customize what you exactly you want by you ownself. We have some similar tasks and solution below.

First - Dynatrace have problem API. With additional script you can easly get problems open problems, open problems without comments or some type as you need. 

Then push back this information for your own customized Dashboard. 

For example -We have list of tickets without answers - in our internal CRM System.

Using a custom script on a python - we take this information from internal CRM system and change the dashboard using APIs ( dashboard API ) and tile ( markdown )

This is how it is look like:

Romanenkov_Al3x_0-1677151429030.png

Regards,

Romanenkov Alex 

DT_NGINX_FORCE_UNKNOWN_VERSION_INSTRUMENTATION=1

RichF
Newcomer

I am working on this also and will post a solution if resolved. Would like to be able to manually acknowledge something like a low disk space condition with a number from our ticketing system, along with posting a comment. I don't want it to be automated since it would be impossible and potentially cause some consternation to send the alert to the correct party outside of IT to address the issue via email/ticket - especially if it occurs in the middle of the night.

LawrenceBarratt
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Hi @thafford @& @RichF 

I have comments being posted into Dynatrace through an API on Incident Created, Incident Assigned, and Incident Investigated.

Can i ask what the syntax of the IncidentID you would be looking for in your comments?

A sample comment could be:

INC12345 WAS CREATED IN TICKETING PLATFORM Or INC12345 WAS ASSIGNED TO USER X IN TICKETING PLATFORM

I have a few scripts that do this in the Platform Dashboards as shown below, and will tailor to your requirement 😊

LawrenceBarratt_0-1702912396774.png

Thanks,

Lawrence

Thanks 

my syntax of the incidentID is ServiceNow Incident INC03393467 created.

Can i have the code of the picture above ?

Featured Posts