cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why no host Availability metric in Metrics, Custom Chart - only timeseries-v1 API

holst
Contributor

I know there are several posts about missing host availability metric already. But I have to ask again;

Why is it not possible to chart Host Availability?!?!

Not even using Metrics works, even though that should be possible to use for all metrics using the api syntax.  But for some ¤%&##!: reason the Host Availability is only availble in timeseries-v1 API.

It works perfect using the REST API v1, so why can we not use it in a Dashboard custom chart, or metric chart?  (Would be cool to use a HTML markup widget to show the actual result from the API call, then I could use that)

What is so special with the Host Availability metric?   (same for process group availability, not possible to chart in dashboard).  

Using Environment v1 API, com.dynatrace.builtin:host.availability.percent

https://<env-id>.live.dynatrace.com/api/v1/timeseries/com.dynatrace.builtin%3Ahost.availability.percent?includeData=true&relativeTime=month&queryMode=TOTAL&entity=HOST-5AC7D0D73C5BD94B&includeParentIds=true

{
  "timeseriesId": "com.dynatrace.builtin:host.availability.percent",
  "displayName": "Availability percentage",
  "dimensions": [
    "HOST"
  ],
  "aggregationTypes": [],
  "unit": "Percent (%)",
  "filter": "BUILTIN",
  "detailedSource": "Infrastructure",
  "types": [],
  "dataResult": {
    "dataPoints": {
      "HOST-5AC7D0D73C5BD94B": [
        [
        ]
      ]
    },
    "timeseriesId": "com.dynatrace.builtin:host.availability.percent",
    "unit": "Percent (%)",
    "entities": {
      "HOST-5AC7D0D73C5BD94B": "ubuntu2"
    }
  }
}

4 REPLIES 4

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

There use to be, along with the ability to chart the Uptime of hosts. We had used this to easily detect any hosts that might have been missed during patching and recycling. I recommend putting in a RFE for this. 

-Chad

joshua_dtrace
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Good afternoon, holst! 

I don't know specifically which version this is coming in, but I believe it should be returning to the UI within the next quarter. Don't quote me on this as I don't have a specific version yet (I'm hoping it's sooner rather than later 😉 ). 

EDIT: GREAT NEWS! This feature is launching in SaaS version 1.219 and Managed v1.220! 🙂 

Here's a mock-up of what it would look like: host-pg-availability[1].png
Kind regards,
Joshua P. 

EDIT: GREAT NEWS! This feature is launching in SaaS version 1.219 and Managed v1.220! 

I agree, this is great news!

Featured Posts