cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pass Management Zone in link form one dashboard to another

yair_mashmor
Organizer

should be fairly easy, maybe i'm missing something.

We have a dashboard with a few single value tiles that each represents errors in MZ.

i.e:

MZ A:10.

MZ B:10.

MZ C:10.

We want to create a way to "drill down" from those tiles (since cannot add links to Data explorer tiles for whatever reason) by clinking a "Markdown" tile with a link to a generic dashboard we created.

The linked dashboard's data will change by passing the MZ of the link to the dashboard.

so, by clicking link A int original dashboard, the linked dashboard's MZ will be A , and so on.

Is there a way to do this?

4 REPLIES 4

What changes in the link when you change the management zone is the gf=..... part so make sure to include that in your reference. If you dont want a MZ selected, it is gf=all.

### [*enter name of the link e.g. dashboard name*](#dashboard;id=*enterIDhere*;gf=*entergfhere*)

Now for the gf, use the ones that you got when you applied the filter to the dashboard and looked at the URL.

Give it a try and let me know if this is what you needed :).

A Dynatrace Professional nerd working for Conclusion Xforce

Thank you Marina.

I saw that the gf parameter is the one changing, didnt think about changing it instead of creating multiple linked dashboards, so thank you!

Do you know if there is a way to link other tiles to dashboards instead of using the markdown tile?

I actually don't think that that's an option but I am happy to get surprised by someone else in the community 😄

A Dynatrace Professional nerd working for Conclusion Xforce

thank you Marina

Featured Posts