cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Developer Certification Exam

andreaCaria
Participant

Hi all, Tomorrow I am going to take the exam for "App Developer certification". Did anyone attend this exam? What is the complexity of the project that requires to develop in two hours? Can you provide me with some examples? Is it true that you can use the documentation for the whole exam? (part1 and part2).

Thanks so much for the support 😉

4 REPLIES 4

sinisa_zubic
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi @andreaCaria 

Yes it is true that you can use the documentation (developer.dynatrace.com) for the whole exam. This was just recently

changed.

Regarding the complexity of the project. I would say it has a similar complexity as the tutorial here: https://developer.dynatrace.com/getting-started/tutorial/

Also if you are able to finish the tutorial without revealing the solution, you should be well enough prepared for the exam.

Best,
Sini

Hi Andrea!

Can you say a few words how hard it was :)?

"The lions does not ally with the coyotes"

Hi Pawel, the exam, in general, was easy, there were some tricky multiple-choice questions but if you have read the documentation you can guess the answer... For what concerns the complexity of the project it was a little bit harder than the examples provided and if you get stuck developing some points you lose precious time. Of course, you can check the guide where you can find all the useful react components.
The negative aspect of the exam, in my opinion, was the misleading instruction about the tool that you can use and when you can use it. When I started developing the code I asked my examiner if I could open Visual Studio code and the cmd for building my app and she told me that I couldn't.. So I lost a few minutes in the middle of the exam trying to convince her that it was necessary to open it.

Hi @andreaCaria ,

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience you experienced during the exam. I will look into this and make sure the use of IDEs/ code editors will be allowed

Featured Posts