cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convertToTimeseriesBand

veranika_k
Helper

Hi! 

I am encountering a problem while trying to convert QueryResult to TimeseriesBand for later use in the Timeseries Band Chart. I am providing arguments for conversion util such as records and types:
(record is an array of: {timeseries: "", someValue: 2, someAnotherValue: 4}),
but receiving undefined every time. Is there any special form of data that I should provide as an argument? Is it in general possible to convert any QueryResult and later display it as a Timeseries Band Chart? Maybe this util is for another purpose. Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

sinisa_zubic
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi @veranika_k 

I am checking internally what the intention of convertToTimeseriesBand is, since we don't have yet documentation available. To me it looks like it should be used convert the output of a davis analyzer to a band chart

Best,
Sini

Yes, it seems so. Thank you! 

stefan_eggersto
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Hi @veranika_k ,

I just came up with a minimal example for you to try:

import { useDqlQuery } from "@dynatrace-sdk/react-hooks";
import { Paragraph, ProgressCircle, TimeseriesChart, convertToTimeseriesBand } from "@dynatrace/strato-components-preview";
import React from "react";

export const TimeseriesBandChart = () => {
  const queryResult = useDqlQuery({
    body: {
      query: `timeseries min = min(dt.host.cpu.usage), max = max(dt.host.cpu.usage)`,
    },
  });

if (!queryResult.data) {
    return <ProgressCircle />;
  }
  if (queryResult.data.records.length < 1 || queryResult.data.records[0] === null) {
    return <Paragraph>No data</Paragraph>;
  }

const timeseriesBand = convertToTimeseriesBand(queryResult.data.records[0], queryResult.data.types[0]);
  if (!timeseriesBand) {
    return <Paragraph>Could not convert response. Ensure to have field names ending with min/lower and max/upper.</Paragraph>;
  }

return (
    <TimeseriesChart>
      <TimeseriesChart.Band data={timeseriesBand.timeseriesBand} />
    </TimeseriesChart>
  );
};

Let me know if that helps!

I will try and let you know in a moment 🙂

Works, thanks a lot!

Featured Posts