cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API for getting Browser Clickpath Synthetic monitor

simonv
Visitor

Hi,

We have some Browser Clickpath Synthetic monitors we'd like to export metrics from. I can export the monitor definitions but I cannot seem to find API calls for retrieving metrics for this (only 1 for getting HTTP Monitors: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/dynatrace-api/environment-api/synthetic-v2/synthetic-monitor-... )

Is this simply not available yet, or am I not looking good enough ?

4 REPLIES 4

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

While I have not done this before, they should be available through the Metrics API. You just have to use the IDs for your measurements...

Antonio Sousa

Say my synthetic test ID is SYNTHETIC_TEST-7010ACE1660CAAFE, how would I go from there to get the measurements IDs ?

I've tried using the metrics?text search to see if I can find anything, but no hits there.

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi @simonv 

There a some metrics for synthetic browser that you can utilize with the get metric API.

In the metric dashboard you can search for synthetic browser  and get their names.

Yosi_Neuman_0-1634794131785.png

Now in the get metric query API place the metric that meets your needs and add the right filter and you are all set.

For example here is a fetch data of the availability of a browser synthetic check 

The metricSelector 

Yosi_Neuman_1-1634794736557.png

and the filter of the type and entity  

Yosi_Neuman_2-1634794796962.png

TIP: For simplify the creation of entity selector check the code section under the metric chart...

Yosi_Neuman_3-1634795173736.png

HTH

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Hi @Yosi_Neuman 

Sorry, did not notice your post.

Thanks, this helped. Able to find some of the metrics I was looking for now like availability (builtin:synthetic.browser.availability.location.total).

Also the code section is good to know.

Featured Posts