cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aggregation Options for Calculated Service Dimensions

g_kat
Helper

Hi,

I'm trying to create a calculated metric through the API to capture failure rates split by service instances.

In the dimension definition, the only acceptable values for the topXAggregation field are: OF_INTEREST_RATIO and OTHER_RATIO.

I'm not sure what these values represent, could somebody enlighten me?

Thanks,

George

2 REPLIES 2

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi @g_kat 

• OF_INTEREST_RATIO: This aggregation method is used when you want to focus on the most important elements (based on criteria such as failure rate, response time, etc.), but not on the best service instances. For example, if you are analysing failure rates, using OF_INTEREST_RATIO will give you the proportion of failures coming from the top N service instances compared to all service instances.
  • OTHER_RATIO: In contrast, the OTHER_RATIO aggregation is used when you are interested in the rest of the elements that are not in the top segment. Basically, it aggregates the data for all elements that are not in the top N list. This can be useful if you want to understand what proportion of failures come from less significant (in terms of volume or other criterion) service instances.

Hope it helps:)

Radek

Have a nice day!

Thank you @radek_jasinski for the explanation!

George

Featured Posts